If you’ve discovered the best frames for your face shape, it might be time to find the best color frames for your skin tone. The following article discusses how you can uncover the eyeglass frame shade that best complements your skin, eyes, and style choices. OptiExpress offers a broad selection of designer frames in addition to providing top-tier eye care services and a one-hour onsite lab.
If you’ve ever shopped for clothing, you’ve probably tried on different garments and discovered that one color – or one color palate – makes your skin look radiant, while others make your skin look dull, ruddy, or sallow. This is due to how different colors either complement or clash with the natural undertones of your skin. Isolating the undertones of your skin is key to finding the colors that give you an attractive glow.
Skin undertones tend to fall into the following categories:
- Cool undertones (blue or red)
- Warm undertones (gold or peach)
- Neutral undertones (a combination of cool and warm)
If you recognize which category your skin tones fall into, you can discover the best shades of clothing and eyewear for you. Here’s how you can tell if you’re a cool, warm, or neutral skin tone.
- Check your vein color. Everyone has red blood. However, vein color through the skin is an indicator of the skin’s undertones. Warm undertones will give veins a green appearance, while cool undertones give veins a blue/purple appearance. If your undertones are neutral, your veins will appear blue/green.
- Check your jewelry. If silver-toned jewelry is more flattering to your skin, you likely have cool undertones. If gold-toned jewelry gives you a radiant glow, you’re probably warm-toned.
- Check your eye and hair color. Your natural hair and eye color are indicators of which colors flatter you best, though they aren’t necessarily an indicator of your undertones. If you have golden brown eyes and hair, warm tones will likely look great; crystal blue eyes will be set off by cool tones.
Once you’ve determined whether your undertones are cool, warm, or neutral, you’ll be able to select the best color glasses for your complexion.
Cool skin tones look best next to colors with hints of blue. These include purples, reds, pinks, and – of course – blue. Silver, grey, black, and white will also be highly flattering.
Warm skin tones are highlighted by colors that are yellow or gold-based. Gold, orange, peach, brown, ivory, yellow-greens, and brick reds will be the most flattering.
Neutral tones will be complemented by nearly any color, so if you’re neutral, you can be guided largely by your unique style and choose a color that highlights your personality!
When choosing a pair of glasses, it’s best to try on as many pairs as you can to decide which frame style and color make you look your very best. At OptiExpress, we offer an entire gallery of designer eyewear for every complexion and face shape, giving you a nearly endless selection of options that will help you put your best face forward!
OptiExpress: Ft. Myers and Cape Coral’s Leading Eye Care Provider
OptiExpress founder Dr. J. Michael Witherington offers comprehensive eye exams, a one-hour onsite lab, and a large selection of designer frames; visit OptiExpress in Ft. Myers or Cape Coral today!