Start your year off right by embracing an all-season visual health routine! Here are some of the things you can do to keep your eyes bright and healthy year-round.
Winter Eye Care
- Get your diet in check. Every New Year’s resolution includes losing weight or eating right, but start eating nutrient-rich foods – colorful fruits and vegetables – to support your eye health, too.
- Stop smoking. Smoking is awful for literally every part of the human body, and it can lead to vision deterioration – even blindness.
Spring Eye Care
- Allergy testing. Your eyes are often your first indicator of the approach of spring. If your eyes are unmanageably watery and itchy, visit your eyecare professional for management strategies.
- Invest in sports and safety glasses. Warm weather activities and spring cleaning can irritate and even injure the eyes. Wear protective glasses when playing sports, or engaging in home repair or major cleaning.
Summer Eye Care
- Polarized sunglasses. UV rays are incredibly damaging to the eyes. Polarized, 100% UVA protection eyewear significantly reduces glare, both protecting the eyes and making driving safer.
- Eye exam. Summer is a great time for your annual eye exam! You can adjust your prescription, or just get a pair of stylish new glasses for the new school year.
Fall Eye Care
- Get your Halloween color contacts from an optometrist. If you want to wear fun colored contact lenses, make sure they come from a reliable source. Wearing non-prescription contacts from non-reputable vendors like beauty supply outlets can lead to major eye infections.
- Keep sterile artificial tears on hand. Dry, blustery days can cause eye irritation, and the breeze can blow particles into your eyes. Artificial tears and sterile eye wash can keep your peepers comfortable.
If you’re in the Cape Coral or Fort Meyers, Florida area, visit OptiExpress for comprehensive eye exams and vision testing, as well as fantastic two-for-one designer eyeglass deals.